my 6 and half year 0ld daughter had fever on
Feel free to get a rapid test done
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. The symptoms are indeed of a viral infection. Treatment is supportive in the flu season you might like to play safe by testing for influenza virus. The most common is a rapid flu test. This consists of a nasal or throat swab that provides rapid results in under 20 minutes.
As of now you need to give steam inhalation to your child. It helps in reducing the congestion and thereby the cough. Water vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and thus would provide relief.
I hope that I could clear your doubts.
Feel free to write back.
It is likely to be viral. Flu is a particular type of virus. Feel free to get tested. However, I would insist on a blood count and CRP before giving antibiotics. Irrespective of treatment it is likely to last for about a week.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever