question-icon

my 3yrs old baby is suffering from constipation . he

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019
Question: my 3yrs old baby is suffering from constipation .
he is not fresh last 4 days.
Answered by Dr. Prasad (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Visit a doctor....

Detailed Answer:

Constipation is not uncommon in this age group. If the child is comfortable, active, feeding well and not vomiting, then it might not be of serious concern. Drinking fluids with plenty of fruits and vegetables might help. But if it doesn't help, an enema will help in making him pass stools. Your local doctor / pediatrician can provide the enema.

Besides fluids and vegetables, you may also try muout powder 1 scoop in glass of water.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad (1 hour later)
Dr.my baby is unable to fresh yet. In this case what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (29 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Enema

Detailed Answer:

Apologies for the late reply. I was away from internet yesterday.

If he hasn't passed stool yet, you may consider visiting his doctor. Perhaps an enema can be administered to help him pass stools. Most often the cause is benign and not concerning. Things will improve with dietary changes and muout powder. For now consider visiting the doctor for enema.

Dr. Prasad