question-icon

My 12 Year Old Daughter Just Started Football Practice (her

Posted on Thu, 13 Sep 2018
Question: my 12 year old daughter just started football practice (her 4th year, a sport she LOVES to play) and gets up at 6am to get ready for practice. She has felt "pukey" for 4 mornings this week and throws up her breakfast. She starts to feel better mid-morning and is fine by afternoon. She is sleeping pretty well and get at least 7 hours of sleep. She says she enjoys practice and is not having any issues with other players on her team.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Need some more information please

Detailed Answer:
Hello... I understand your concern and I need some more information please.

1. Is she experiencing any headache before the vomiting?
2. Is there any weakness of any body part?
3. Is there any double vision?
4. Is she having any burning sensation in the upper part of Central portion of tummy before the vomiting?
5. Is this associated with any spicy food or did she start having any new food product before this started?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology