my 1 year old daughter had a cold last week
Most probably it is chickenpox.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
This is a new situation and not much related to the cold she had last week.
I think it can be chickenpox rather than measles. Measles also has high temperature up to 40°C acompained by cough and running nose and rash starts from face and goes down to trunk and limbs.
I also want to know if she has done the MMR vaccine and chickenpox vaccine.
Also it would be useful if you upload a photo of the rash.
I think you have to only apply menthol talc powder also give her ketotifen for itching and acetaminophen for pain.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.