my 1 year old daughter had a cold last week

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: my 1 year old daughter had a cold last week then she got better. 3 days later she spiked a fever and it stopped yesterday. now she has full body pains and her eyes are red and hurting..possibly an ear infection also and red raised itchy bumps all over. to me i thought it could be chickenpox or measles but im not sure and her throat is sore also..no appetite, groin pain, ear ache, jaw pain, but no runny nose or coughing anymore
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably it is chickenpox.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

This is a new situation and not much related to the cold she had last week.
I think it can be chickenpox rather than measles. Measles also has high temperature up to 40°C acompained by cough and running nose and rash starts from face and goes down to trunk and limbs.
I also want to know if she has done the MMR vaccine and chickenpox vaccine.
Also it would be useful if you upload a photo of the rash.
I think you have to only apply menthol talc powder also give her ketotifen for itching and acetaminophen for pain.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T