low anion gap levels? 8.1 ( 10 - 20) should

Question
low anion gap levels? 8.1 ( 10 - 20)
should i be worried i got that test in the hospital? i go see my dr tomorrow. im worried because i know it bad when its low. does this mean i have multiple myeloma?
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a normal variation.

Detailed Answer:
A low anion gap can be a normal variant due to dilution. It does not always indicate a problem. This can happen due to low levels of albumin also. With no other symptoms, it does not suggest a multiple myeloma. The test can be repeated after a few weeks to validate the findings. Do go for your check up and get further investigations done to find cause if any.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal