last night I scratch my itchy vagina and about 6

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: last night I scratch my itchy vagina and about 6 in the morning got up put a sock on my hand and pull my daughter's teeth forgot to wash my hands can she get HIV from that
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 0 minute later
last night I scratch my itchy vagina and about 6 in the morning got up put a sock on my hand and pull my daughter's teeth forgot to wash my hands can she get HIV from that
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no risk for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in"Ask a Doctor".
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Based on your history, having pull your daughter'teeth after scratched your vagina, you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV in this situation.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
There is no risk for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in"Ask a Doctor".

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 3 hours later
I have hiv aids not on medicine . I scratch in my vagina and forgot to wash my hand and got up and pulled my daughter's tooth with a sock over my hand is she exposed to anything. The sock wasn't that thick ..
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
I have hiv aids not in medication I scratch in my vagina and forgot to wash my hands I put on a sock and pulled her tooth the sock wasn't thick at all
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry!

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome back.
I am sorry for my late response.

Please don't worry! There is no risk for HIV in this situation because you just scratch your vagina and then put a sock over your hand, your daughter absolutely is not exposed to HIV.

Furthermore, you should know that HIV cannot sustain outside the body just a few seconds even if you haven't put a sock over your hand.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry!

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome back.
I am sorry for my late response.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 24 hours later
I I was exposed to HIV in 2008 I had a test done at LabCorp it came by negative it 2019 are the test accurate.. Or could I still have it..
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 1 minute later
It's been so long ago is there test accurate or do one at the doctor office..
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
I'm sorry it was in 2010 when I was exposed to HIV person but my test came back negative at LabCorp are there test accurate . Or do one at the doctor office..
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 8 hours later
Can someone please help with my questions
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The test is very accurate after 9 years from exposure.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in "Ask a Doctor".

Having a risk exposure to HIV in 2010 and having a negative result for HIV in labcorp I think you shouldn't worry because you are absolutly free of HIV and after all this time the test is very accurate.
Please could you send me an attached picture of your test.

Hope I have answered your query.
Feel free to ask me further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in "Ask a Doctor".

Hope I have answered your query.
Feel free to ask me further.
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
I think I may had some of the symptom. My test is coming in the mail I should get in by around Tuesday will send a picture of it then.. How do I know if LabCorp did the right that. Can I have it a the test be wrong. What type of test would you give a patient. Should I get one done at doctor office. 10 years ago is a long time could the test be a false negative... I had it done a LabCorp I worried the test not accurate. And I have aids
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 3 minutes later
I just got the test done 2019 the exposure was in 2010 .Is the test accurate that I took at LabCorp. 10 years . Should I get another test done at doctor office..
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 13 minutes later
I don't think the test is accurate is been 10 years . Will a HIV test tell if I have aids . Will aids pick up on a HIV test . I'm just scared the test may not be accurate. I don't know what test LabCorp give 10 is a long time
How do I send you a copy of my test . I just got it off website.. I don't know how
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 48 minutes later
Is say I had the 4 generation test is this the right time for my time frame of 10 years . I wish I new how to send you a copy ..
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
A 4th generation HIV test is very accurate.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome back.

A 4th generation HIV test is very accurate and conclusive even after 3 months from exposure.
So, in your case, having a negative result of 4th generation test after 10 years from the exposure you shouldn't worry about HIV because you are absolutely free of HIV.

There is no need for other HIV test. However, you can upload/attach the report to the 'Reports section' of this web page only. Alternatively, you can also email them to YYYY@YYYY by mentioning the subject as ATTN:Dr Monika Dede and I'll receive them.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.

Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome back.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 9 hours later
I sent a copy I hope you get it .. Please tell me if you this I should be retested. I hope the test is correct .. I just had the test did because of my kids . I thought I had not because a test said I did but only by some of the symptoms I was having .. Please let me know if this is the right test or do I need to be retested at doctor office .. Should I get tested again I'd this test accurate.. Help
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 4 minutes later
Just wanted to make sure I took the right test or is it accurate.. Or is there another test or have this one redone at doctor office.. Do this mean I have some type of hepatitis . Could this made the test not to be accurate..
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 14 minutes later
My email I sent just came back I not good with computers . Is there another way to send you a copy of it I would like you to look at it.. To tell me the truth. I'm gonna try again..
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 32 minutes later
I went to report up load my documents I hope you get it.. I don't know if I did it right I'm not good with computers.
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
I sent it by attachment so you should be able to see it .
My test say non reactive is this accurate after 9- 10 years. Could I still have it . I need to know can I still have HIV or aids I took the fourth generation test. Is this test accurate or do another at doctor office please let me know ..
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 6 minutes later
If I have the test done again I can be positive after 9-10 year .. Should I get another test done..
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are definitely free of HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in "Ask a Doctor".

Please don't worry, I emphasize again a 4th generation HIV test is very accurate and conclusive after 9-10 years from exposure.
You are definitely free of HIV and there is no need for other test.
Furthermore, hepatitis cannot impact in the result of this HIV test.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Brief Answer:
You are definitely free of HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in "Ask a Doctor".

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Im very grateful you answer all my questions thank you. Why didn't my test results just say negative instead non reaction .
Is there another test I just wanted to make sure I have kids . Should I take one at the doctor office . I ready that non reactive means that you still can have it..
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 5 minutes later
My daughter get her test back tomorrow the one tooth that I pull she's 11 years old I hope that it comes back negative.. Im having a hard time with this .
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry!

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in"Ask a Doctor".
I am sorry for my late response.

Please don't worry, you should know that non reactive and negative result of HIV test is the same and means that you are free of HIV.
Futhermore, I emphasize that your daughter test will be negative because in this situation doesn't exist the risk to get HIV.

Hope I have answered your query.
Feel free to ask me further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry!

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in"Ask a Doctor".
I am sorry for my late response.

Hope I have answered your query.
Feel free to ask me further.