ive had this tiny red spot on the corona of

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 15 Feb 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: ive had this tiny red spot on the corona of the XXXXXXX on my penis for about 6 months to over a year now. it does not burn, itch, and im not having any pain what so ever. i know it is not an STD because ive never had sexual intercourse before. So i would like to know what this is and what kind of treament i could get for it?

please contact me as soon as you can!

thank you!
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
ive had this tiny red spot on the corona of the XXXXXXX on my penis for about 6 months to over a year now. it does not burn, itch, and im not having any pain what so ever. i know it is not an STD because ive never had sexual intercourse before. So i would like to know what this is and what kind of treament i could get for it?

please contact me as soon as you can!

thank you!
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Balanitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have viewed the image and here is my advice.

The red spot seems like a localized dermatitis/ balanitis, perhaps due to minor irritation or yeast infection. I suggest you to use a topical antifungal and steroid combination cream like1% clotrimazole with either 1% hydrocortisone or 0.025 % beclomethasone e.g Canesten HC or Clotrin B cream, twice daily for a week.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Balanitis.

Detailed Answer: