ive had a horrible cold/ sinus infection since sunday and
is it possible my body is finally sweating out and pooping out the infection? it kinda feels like a big release of something. like my body was collecting the virus and now its expelling it.
Thanks for posting the query
I have gone through the query and understood your problem. I will try my best to help you.
1. The symptoms you have described seems to be of Acute Sinusitis.
2. You have recovered partially from this. But, few more medications and home remedies can give you complete relief.
3. The weird smell in the nose is due to blocking of the secretions in the nose and from the mouth breathing.
4. Please follow the below medications
-You would require saline nasal spray 4-5 times a day to clear the nasal secretions and ease the breathing.
-Drink frequent sips of warm water.
-Do steam inhalation 3-4 times a day.
- Avoid coffee, chilled food and beverages.
5. Antibiotics are not required at this stage because you seem to be in a recovery phase.
Hope this answers your query; I will be available for the follow up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is Perilymphatic fistula?
- Suggest treatment for severe hay fever
- What do I hear an echo after a head injury?
- How to use hearing aids to help with tinnitus?
- What causes tingling sensation in ear when suffering from eustachian...
- Is ear surgery for collapsed inverted ear drum safe to have with high BP?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat, swollen glands and fever
- What causes buzzing sensation in head?
- What causes a red patch in the middle at the back of tongue?
- Suggest treatment for skin cancer