it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I think you are suffering from eosinophilic ezofagitis.
It is a reaction to foods, allergens or acid reflux, can inflame or injure the esophageal tissue. Damaged esophageal tissue can lead to difficulty swallowing or cause food to get stuck when you swallow.
If you are allergic to some types of food they trigger eosinophiles in ezofagus causing inflammation. It results in narrowing ezofagus making food to stuck in.
You may need to go to ER.
It may lead to permanent scaring and narrowing.
Diagnosis is based on fibroscopy, clinical signs , biopsy and blood tests , allergy tests.
The best treatment is to avoid food that cause it,cure hyperactivity, or surgical dilatation in agravated cases.
Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.