question-icon

it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my

Posted on Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Question: it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my throat seems like it constricts and wont.let any food go by I have to wait a long time before I can swallow or drink any liquids does that mean that I am allergic to pork meat.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
eosinophilic ezofagitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I think you are suffering from eosinophilic ezofagitis.
It is a reaction to foods, allergens or acid reflux, can inflame or injure the esophageal tissue. Damaged esophageal tissue can lead to difficulty swallowing or cause food to get stuck when you swallow.
If you are allergic to some types of food they trigger eosinophiles in ezofagus causing inflammation. It results in narrowing ezofagus making food to stuck in.
You may need to go to ER.
It may lead to permanent scaring and narrowing.
Diagnosis is based on fibroscopy, clinical signs , biopsy and blood tests , allergy tests.
The best treatment is to avoid food that cause it,cure hyperactivity, or surgical dilatation in agravated cases.
Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (30 minutes later)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE RIGHT ANSWER FOR ME ITS MOSTLY ANY FOOD THATS SPICY CAUSE WHEN I EAT OTHER FOODS IT DOES NOT TRIGGER IT I AM GOING TO WATCH WHAT I EAT I DO HAVE ACID REFLUX I HAVE TUMS IN MY POCKET OR CLOSE BY AT NIGHT WHEN IT HAPPENS AND MAY BE THAT I GO TO BED TO EARLY AFTER I EAT AT NIGHT ANY THANKS DR.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (1 minute later)
Brief Answer:
Hope you will get well soon.

Detailed Answer:
Hope my answers are helpful.

Get well soon.

Best regards.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka