is it hpv?
No HPV is noticeable in the picture
The picture you are uploading does not seem to have any lesion similar to the ones caused by HPV. HPV causes raised skin colored lesions that are not tender but have a rough surface similar to cauliflower and there is no such lesion in the picture.
If you had unprotected intercourse it is recommended though to have some basic tests to rule out other sexually transmitted infections as well.
This would be:
- having a gynecological visit and if you have not had a pap smear in the last 2 years you can have one. A pregnancy test might be considered as well.
- the doctor might decide to do routine checks for sexually transmitted disease like taking cervical secretions for chlamydia and gonorrhea and also maybe blood tests for Hep B, Hep C, HIV and syphilis.
It is recommended to follow principles of "safe sex" in the future, which means avoiding intercourse with causal partners but having intercourse within a marital relationship and regular use of condoms.
To conclude I would say:
1. There is no lesion typical of HPV in the uploaded picture.
2. You will need a visit with your doctor and gynecological examination and pap smear as routine checks and also some test of the cervical secretions and blood tests, as explained above to rule out sexually transmitted diseases (the history of unprotected intercourse put you at risk for these infections and some of these infections are asymptomatic for a long time so routine check after unprotected intercourse is recommended).
I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please feel free to reply in case more clarification is needed on this.
Dr Antoneta Zotaj, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?