is a blood pressure reading 120/78 with a pulse at
dome times 12/75 or with a pulse of 75 -60
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on Ask a Doctor service!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that your blood pressure values are perfectly normal.
A pulse of 100bpm is a little high, but it is quite reasonable during physical activity or anxiety.
So, in my opinion there is nothing to worry about !
In case of a persistent high heart rate, I would recommend performing some tests to investigate for possible causes:
- a resting ECG
- complete blood count for anaemia
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid gland dysfunction
- blood electrolytes for possible imbalances.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
In the meantime, I would recommend avoiding caffeine intake and energy drinks, which can increase your heart rate.
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?