im a alcoholic. Ive been to detox twice and dont
Don't take klonipin while drinking alcohol.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service. I read your query and here is my advice.
It is absolutely not advisable you take klonipin while you drink alcohol because you are at higher risk of side effects such as drowsiness, unusual behavior, problems with coordination, memory problems, and dizziness.
Also some more serious side effects can happen include the slowing of the heart, the slowing of the breathing rate, having difficulty breathing, passing out, and death.
There is not an exact time when alcohol is cleared by your system because it depends on dosage but a mean time it can be 24 hours that your system may be cleaned.
Klonopin is not to be taken even in very small amounts of alcohol intake such cough syrups.
If you experience any symptoms I mentioned earlier you should go to ER.
Hope, ope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.