i was treated for uti with augmentin and microbid, i

Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i was treated for uti with augmentin and microbid, i went back to docotr with abdomen pressure and was told it was likely gastritis now. they gave me cipro and omeprazole. i still feel pressure in the abdomen, could gastritis be taking this long to recover? could it be perhaps gallbladder, appendicitis?
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
How long have you had abdominal pain?

Detailed Answer:
Hi Justyna,

For how long have you had the abdominal pain? And where is it located? Appendicitis typically presents with constant pain that migrates to the lower right quadrant, and there is usually fever.

Gall bladder problems are associated with upper right quadrant pain as colic-like pain.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 1 hour later
Ok thank you for that explanation. The abdominal pressure has been for about 3 weeks. Started more during my antibiotic courses. The doctors did the bloodwork and said everything was perfect. However today I did a urinanalysis and there were leukocytes. However could there be leukocytes in urine during menstruation?
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Leukocytes in urine during menses is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi Justyna,

Leukocytes in your urine during menstruation is normal and not a sign of UTI, if you do not have any symptoms, e.g. urgency or painful urination.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 12 hours later
thank you Dr., i was feeling better yesterday and tiday started feeling the upper abdominal pressure, more toward left side. do you think it could be gastritis after the macrobid, augmentin, and cipro? i also am having some. ight swaeting new upper abdomen.
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is possible

Detailed Answer:
Hi again Justyna30,

Antibiotics certainly can cause gastrointestinal symptoms such as those you describe. Your symptoms could also suggest constipation. If you feel constipated, it is important to stay hydrated and eat a fiber rich diet (perhaps supplement with psyllium seeds).

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj