i was placed on a low dose of stelazine when

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 in General Health
Question: i was placed on a low dose of stelazine when i was 18 years old to treat some emotional problems i was having, I did have some weight gain and sleepiness while on the drug, but had no other symptoms. i was on it for a year. I was a late maturer and was wondering if this drug could have stunted my growth. i am six feet tall and seem to be appropriate height for family. i was just wondering because i was reading some of side effects. thank youm
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stelazine doesn't affect bone growth!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully and the drug infection about Stelazine fully. Stelazine doesn't affect bone growth. If your height is appropriate given your family background, then that should be normal.

I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well.