i was intoxicated last night and went to reach for

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: i was intoxicated last night and went to reach for the lubricant and accidentally grabbed the hand sanitizer. i didnt notice until it wasnt lubricating but at that point intercourse had happened. it didnt burn and as soon as i realized i jumped in the shower and washed myself. it doesnt burn this morning but i am sore and itchy. i was itchy before bur i believe that was post period itch. im currently on a cruise and dont have access to my primary doctor until next Monday. am i okay?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for posting the query

Do you have dry vagina?
Is there any foul smelling discharge or any curdy white discharge seen.

If no discharge only itching then need not worry much. you can apply the lubricating gel for 2 days to soothen the area.

Sanitizer would have destroyed the local epithelial bacteria, and cause more dryness of vaginal mucosa, which is the reason for itching.

Keep the private area clean, and well hydrated.

any issue do follow up

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 hours later
Okay I will keep the area clean and lubricanted. I haven’t had any discharge just the itching, if discharge starts can I use anything over the counter until I get back on land? Basically this isn’t horrible and I’ll live?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry about life

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
As there is no discharge then chances of vagina infection is less. Take any antihistamin tablet to reduce the itching.

Nothing to worry about your life.
If still itching persists or increases then consult the doctor once you reach the land.