question-icon

i was beginning to be sexually active by masterbating yesterday

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019
Question: i was beginning to be sexually active by masterbating yesterday when all of a sudden blood started coming out of my penis and continued for a couple of minutes, then stopped. later in the day a little blood oozed out but nothing more after that, can you advise?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Need evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

I noted the details submitted. Sometimes after the age of 45 - 50 years, prostate gland undergo hypertrophied changes. And then masturbation may induce bleeding. Based on your history, I would consider benign prostate hypertrophy as the most like cause of bleed.
Similar bleeding is also reported with infection - infection of urinary tract infection or prostate.
At times bleeding could be secondary to other systemic as well as local causes.

You will need a detailed clinical examination, a prostate examination as well as urine test and ultrasound scan to determine the cause of bleed. I will recommend you to see a doctor. The symptoms at this point, doesn't seem to be serious; so you can plan the visit through regular appointments.

Until then avoid masturbation and drink plenty of fluids.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasad