question-icon

i use provent nasal for EPAP for OSA last night

Posted on Tue, 2 Apr 2019
Question: i use provent nasal for EPAP for OSA last night i sneezed with the provents in my nose- there are filters in the provents- is this ok or could i have caused some pathology with the sneeze - thx
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
No need to worry about this.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on 'Ask A Doctor' forum.
I can understand your concern.

As such, no need to worry about this. You have not caused any pathology or damage to those filters with the sneeze.

Actually, these mask and filters are protected against these kinds of wear and tear.
So, they can certainly sustain them...No need to worry, no damage likely to these structures due to any form of sneezing.

Hope I have answered your query.
I will be happy to assist you further.

Wish you good health.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist