question-icon

i recently went to a ball game and had to

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019
Question: i recently went to a ball game and had to walk about 4 miles back to my vehicle when i got home, took my shoes off i had a really bad blood blister on the side of my foot right below my big toe. i didn’t mess with it just let it pop on it’s on but it was very painful, i used a medihoney patch on it several times, it looked really good for a week or so but when i stopped using the medihoney patch it seemed as if my skin was peeling from inside out. one person said they heard that medihoney was or could b toxin to ur body, it’s been close to a month and it don’t seem to be closing any
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It seems absolutely fine

Detailed Answer:
Hi Betty,

Medihoney is fine to use. I cannot read from your description, if the wound had healed or not...? Can you send a photo of it?

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (12 minutes later)
how do i send a picture of it. it has not healed completely
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (1 hour later)
i sent a picture, plz let me know if i can or need to continue medihoney patch?
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (15 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You should see your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi again Betty,

Thank you for the photo. To me, this looks relatively severe with wound necrosis. You should see your doctor, alternatively go to the ER.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon