i recently took for antibiotics for two weeks to get

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i recently took for antibiotics for two weeks to get rid of h pylori. i expereinced a few days of diarahea. which led to painful experience having bowel movements, burn, itch, blood etc. there are many cuts all around my anus causing the pain. ive been using cortisol, sitz bath, increased fiber and has not gone away - 2 weeks. any further suggestions to heal ?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can use coconut oil or glycerin trinitrate.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

First of all, you should stop diarrhea from happening. You may use loperamide and also use probiotics such as Enterogermina to reestablish the intestinal flora.

You can wash the area with water with gentle soap. Dry it well. You can use coconut oil or glycerine trinitrate to help to heal.

You can use Lidocaine ointment locally to help with pain.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee