i recently had STD testing done and tested positive for
The test for HSV are specific HSV 1 IgG and HSV 2 IgG.
Hello and welcome in "Ask a Doctor".
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
You should know that the test for HSV are specific HSV 1 IgG and HSV 2 IgG that describe what kind of herpes is.
Usually, some people are positive for HSV without any symptoms.
HSV 1 - 2 could be contagious even without symptoms but usually this could happen when they have outbrakes( vesicular elements).
Furthermore, could you send me an attached picture of your result to define what kind of HSV is.
Hope I have answered your query.
Feel free to ask me further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can HIV be contracted from biting someone on the clothing?
- Suggest treatment for fever, lack of appetite and loose stool
- Suggest treatment for persistent headache while on antibiotics
- Suggest treatment for recurrent malaria
- What does my IGG result report indicate?
- What causes lymph node swelling while treating tuberculosis?
- Can HIV be contracted through oral sex?
- Suggest treatment for red bumps on the vaginal lips and inner groin area
- Suggest treatment for severe sore throat and jaw pain
- Is HIV RNA test done 2 weeks post exposure conclusive?