i keep having feminine thoughts. i wear women's clothes all

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
i keep having feminine thoughts. i wear women's clothes all the time. im male 40 yr old.
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Soujanya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Brief answer..It could be due to some harmonal changes

Detailed Answer:
Detailed answer..
Hi Kmat,
I have gone through your query and understand your concern towards your feminine symptoms
I could understand that this might be due to some harmonal changes and Gender identity problem that is causing these symptoms
so, I would like to know some more details about your childhood whether you have these symptoms since then ...and any toddler history playing with female toys etc
Anyway I would suggest you to visit your doctor preferably psychiatrist or I can help you if you can provide all these details
I can advise harmone therapy or psychotherapy including life style changes or surgery depending on the severity and intensity of your symptoms
Hope this information would helps you
Feel free to ask any further questions
Thank you

Follow-up: i keep having feminine thoughts. i wear women's clothes all 3 hours later
i have had these feelings since I was a teenager. i used to sit in class and wonder how it felt to wear a skirt and underwear everyday. then when i was old enough i began to buy and wear womens clothing. everthing from underwear to tracksuits. i use women's face cream and deodorant it feels right. i hate havibg to wear male clothing and act like a bloke when i go out with friends. at home i act and live as a girl. i exercise as a woman. it hurts that i cant be one.

Answered by Dr. Soujanya 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Brief answer..I advise you to get your harmone levels checked and karyotypy

Detailed Answer:
Hi Kmat,
I have gone through your follow up query and understand your concern towards your symptoms since you are a teenager... I would suggest you to get your harmone levels checked and karyotypy done
It could be gender identity problem in which psychotherapy sessions can be given... which includes a trial period of around one year to lead life in the gender which the individual prefers to be with.... like dressing up like a girl, being in company with girls and behaving like a girl in your case
So this helps you too to get a clear idea that how far you can get acclimatized to the preferred gender
Then it can be treated by harmonal therapy and reconstructive surgeries including lifestyle changes etc
So, I would suggest you to consult your doctor regarding these details and follow accordingly
Hope this information would be helpful
Thank you