i have lost 10 lbs in the last 3 months
i have no pain except for my neck and upper back which i contribute to work and my forearms are sore when i lift something, i have also experienced pain in the finger and thumb, which has gone away now.
no ones seems to know why i'm losing weight. can you think of any other test to do or check
Probably celiac disease, some examinations are suggested.
Hello dear and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Having a lower than normal level of ALP can be related to many medical conditions.
The most common cause can be celiac disease which can also explain the loss of weight.
I would recommend the following examinations :
-A serology testing looking for antibodies in your blood to exclude celiace disease.
-Liver enzymes to check for liver function
-Creatinine and blood urea level to check for kidney function
-Vitamin D level
After the examinations you can contact me again for further evaluation.
Meanwhile, I recommend using anti inflammatory medication such as Naproxen 500 mg three times a day.
I also recommend to use a multivitamin supplement.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?