i have had symptoms for last 12 months irregular periods
CA-125 levels can help.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
The cyst that you have has slightly increased in size but a multilocular cyst with a solid nodule can be cancerous. Usually, the cysts that are larger than 5 cm in size are worrisome. You can get your CA-125 levels evaluated to detect the chances of malignancy.
Otherwise, you can also ask your gynaecologist to consider removal and biopsy of the cyst rather than wait and see approach.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Less likely to be cancerous.
Thanks for writing again.
The appearance of cyst can change with time as degenerative changes can take place. A solid nodule is a bad sign but since the size of cyst is small and it is not actively increasing in size the chances of having a malignancy are low.
The septations are thin in your case.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...