i have had severely bloody stools for about a year
You must perform colonoscopy...
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. you are reporting to have bloody stools since a year but with normal bowel movements.
These findings are most probably related with hemorrroids bleeding , especialy if you are having red and fresh blood with stools.
2. with regards to cancer. Yes it is true that is one of major causes of bloody diarrhea but usually it is asociated with bowel movements change.
This is why to my opinion you must perform colonoscopy to rule out/confirm the exact diagnosis.
Meantime you can use preparation H for hemorroids.
Hope it was helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?