i have had eyelid surgery because the eyelashes were growing

Dr. Harshita

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Mar 2019 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: i have had eyelid surgery because the eyelashes were growing toward the eyeball and under the upper lid in 2013 (trichiasis). i lost all eyelashes on that lid. Now, I have swelling and it seems like the lashes are trying to grow, but are trapped under the lid. Toward the eyebrow, there is swelling and sores just like the lid. I have alot of dripping pus.
Answered by Dr. Harshita 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to see an ophthalmologist right now

Detailed Answer:
Hey dear, Thanks for the questions. Indeed this can happen few times after surgery and if it is infected as you said it is dripping pus you need to take an appointment right now . If you have access to antibiotics like moxifloxacin eye drops you can start putting them; but a proper examination and if required release of entrapped lashes is needed or it may incite more inflammation.

Hope it helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad