i have an allergy to shrimp and psoriatic arthritis .

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Feb 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have an allergy to shrimp and psoriatic arthritis. I went saltwater fishing last Thursday, friday and saturday. i used shrimp as bait and forgot to take benedryl. that night i felt a reaction and went to ER and they gave me an antihistamine and another drug to reverse the reaction.

i also have psoriatic arthritis. i had pneumonia 8 times in the last year so they cut my Xeljanz dose in half. they did that about two and a half weeks ago.

then yesterday i started feeling a burning in my face and when i took my makeup off my face looked like the pictures i sent.

can yiu tell if it an allergic reaction or the psoriasis flaring up. Its hot to the touch and burnes like a bad sunburn. it also itches. i would appreciate any information you can give me.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Images not received

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have gone through the query.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any images attached with your query. I request you to kindly upload a few images in "Reports Section". You may also mail me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of the mail as Attention: Dr. kakkar. Kindly contact customer care team of healthcaremagic for assistance regarding uploading the images.

take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 31 minutes later
These are the pictures. if it doesnt work let me know. thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding images

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

No. I couldn't find the images. Kindly contact customer care team of healthcaremagic for assistance regarding uploading the images. Try mailing me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of the mail as Attention:Dr. kakkar.

take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 47 minutes later
I did email them as well.
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 30 minutes later
hopefully you will get these
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dermatitis - allergic or irritant

Detailed Answer:
thank you.
It seems like an irritant/ allergic contact dermatitis, perhaps to make up. I don't think it is related to your fishing activity as it was almost a week ago. I suggest you to use a moderately potent topical steroid e.g either Mometasone furoate cream or Triamcinolone acetonide cream, twice daily.

take care
Let me know if you need any more assistance