question-icon

I Have A White Rough Patch On My Upper Inner

Posted on Fri, 24 Jul 2020
Question: i have a white rough patch on my upper inner lip thats been there a few months now. My inner lower lip has bubbly dry like skin. no itching/bleeding/pain
Answered by Dr. Dr. Rohit S Menon (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Nothing to be worried

Detailed Answer:
Hii, First of all thank you for approaching us with your query. I read through your query. I must say that nothing to be worried. The white patch is nothing but normal condition. It can be due the dryness of the lip which makes the teeth in that area to touch that constantly causing irritation in that particular area. You should see that the lips are constantly wet. Drink lots of water and apply petroleum jelly to your lips. Same is the condition with the lower lip since no bleeding or pain is present you have to follow the same procedure. Dont allow your lip to get dried. Keep your body hydrated. Drink lots of water. Apply petroleum jelly to the lips so that it doesnt stick to the teeth. Nothing to be worried at all. Follow these steps and it will be fine. Stay calm and be happy. Streefree happy mind is best solution for any condition. Hope you understood what I meant. Please review my answer so that I can improve my answering in future. Thank you and have a healthy day. Dr Rohit S Menon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Dr. Rohit S Menon

Dentist