i have a low intersphinctric anal fistula that i have
ps i have a normal bowel movement everyday, always in the morning. this unusual feeling comes 2-3 times a day later in the day.
possible stretching of internal anal canal wall, infection or else.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor services.
I have read your query and here is my answer.
* The anal fistula can present with sensation of need to pass bowel movement from
various issues as internal stretching of anal canal wall, infection or other issues.
Kindly provide me further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. Apart from such sensation, is there any actual pain, burning after defecation ?
2. Any unusual discharge noticed from the anal part ?
Awaiting for your response.
there is no pain as it relates to the sensation to have a bowel movement.
i have a normal bowel movement shortly after waking up every day. then for the last 4-6 weeks i have had these other sensations that make me feel like i need to have a bowel movement / pass gas. relaxing my muscles on the toilet or passing stool alleviates the feeling for many hours, but generally comes back. very infrequently do i have days without the feeling.
follow up .
Thanks for the relevant details.
* As per my surgical experience, the current issue faced by you is most likely in relation
with internal structures stretching from the possible fibrosis via fistula tract.
* My suggestions till the next follow up to the consultant are
- Perform regular sitz bath ( sitting in a tub filled with lukewarm water for 5 minutes
each 2 times a day and particularly after bowel movement ), which will help
tremendously over period of time.
- Keep a check over diet to avoid spices till possible.
- Have regular smooth bowel evacuations.
- Consume high fiber diet and drink more liquids.
- Rest be assured not to worry for such symptoms unless there is associated fever or
unusual discharge from anus.
Hope this information will be useful for your query.
Do feel free for further discussion ahead.
MRI reveals all details.
Welcome for follow up.
* In majority of the cases, internal structural changes of the anatomy are responsible for
* Practically, an MRI of the part will reveal all the factors precisely.
Wish you fine health and recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools