i have a bump on my lower lip - noticed

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - July 2014
July 2014

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Question
i have a bump on my lower lip - noticed about 3 weeks ago.
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
irritational fibroma, mucocele, surgical removal

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.

As far as the bump over the lip is concerned, I have the following possibilities, it can be an irritational fibroma or a mucocele secondary trauma like lip biting. Please don't panic, consult an oral physician and get it evaluated. If it is interfering with speech and mastication or esthetically bothering, it has to be removed surgically. Otherwise, it can be left untreated.

I hope I have answered your question. If you have any queries reply me back.

These are the possible diagnosis and treatment plan based on the description of your problem. If you can upload the images of the lip, I can give you better diagnosis and treatment plan. Take care