i currently take .5mg of Klonopin a day for painc
Klonopin and flexeril both cause sedation and drowsiness
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.
Klonopin and flexeril both cause sedation and drowsiness, and so it is recommended that you be monitored closely. However, the doses of both medications that you are taking are relatively small, and so I wouldn't expect there to be any serious problems.
However, especially if you haven't taken this combination before, it would be a good idea to take them when you are not planning to drive or do anything else that will require you to be alert, to see how the combination will affect you. You should also avoid taking any other drug that might increase the sedation, such as alcohol.
I should also make sure to tell you that you should let your doctor know you are taking both of these medications if they do not already know.
I hope that helps answer your question, please let me know if you have any other questions about that and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining