i attended a clinic yesterday in London for hiv test
No need to go for a retest.
Welcome to Ask A Doctor.
In every clinic, the nurses are supposed to use a new needle on each patient while doing HIV test so it is not possible that the nurse had used an old needle for the test even accidentally so don't get worried and there is no need to go for a retest. Be relaxed, calm down and live your life normally. For any further query feel free to ask me again.
No need to worry as there is no risk...
Welcome back and thanks for following up.
The nurse was absolutely right that no one is using an old needle anywhere, not only in U.K. It's a part of standard practice and everyone everywhere is trained about it beforehand. So, please don't get paranoid because it is just your fear and anxiety of HIV nothing else.
Be relaxed, don't think much and move on with life happily.
For any further help, write to me again at any time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do persistent dry cough after unprotected sex suggest HIV infection?
- What does my HIV rapid test report indicate?
- What are the chances of contracting HIV after having unprotected sex?
- Is the HIV DUO 4th generation test conclusive at 32 days post exposure?
- Is 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV conclusive at 28 days?
- Can HIV spread by using the medical scissors and tweezers?
- Is it possible for HIV RNA test not to detect virus if the viral load is...
- What are the risks of HIV when in contact with dry blood?
- Are negative HIV RNA test and third generation antibody test within...
- What are the chances of HIV transmission through protected sex?