i am on daily 2 100 mg flecainide for atrial

Cardiologist
Question
i am on daily 2 100 mg flecainide for atrial fibrillation, and I started doxycycline 2 100 mg daily for 10 days, can I also take eliquis and meroplol if I need to with flecainide and doxycycline?
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Should take Metoprolol with caution

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,

There are no serious interactions between Flecainide, Eliquis and Doxycycline, so you can take them together.
But you should take Metoprolol with caution, controlling you heart rate, as it can have some interactions with Flecainide.

wishing you a good health

Come back if you have any further questions

Kind regards,

Follow-up: i am on daily 2 100 mg flecainide for atrial 16 minutes later
thanks for your response, however I was told by doctor its preferable to take metoprolol with Flecainide to prevent conversion to flutter, so I was confused when you said that be cautious when using with flecainide, also my question was whether metroplol is ok to take with doxycycline and eliquis, could you please address this point?

Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome back

Detailed Answer:
If your doctor checked your heart rate and prescribed Metoprolol with Flecainide, then you can take them together. Just check your pulse from time to time, to be in the safe side.
You can take Metoprolol both with Eliquis and Doxycycline.