how to stop a pain / stiffness out of my

Question
how to stop a pain / stiffness out of my neck? I know it’s from sleeeping the wrong way just looking for remedies.
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
anti inflammatory meds, massage, warm compress

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Treatment would involve the following--(1) the pain is due to inflammation/irritation of the muscles in the neck , may be due to sleeping position as you mentioned,using an anti inflammatory oral medications such as ibuprofen, naproxen or voltaren.

(2)can also massage the area gently

(3)warm compress applied 2 to 3 times a day for 10 to 15 mins

(4)some persons need a muscle relaxant as well which would be obtained by a prescription from your doctor.

(5) may need to consider changing the pillow if it is contributing to your symptoms

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions