question-icon

how i stop white hair

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2019
Question: how i stop white hair
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
it's a part and parcel of the body's ageing process...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...
I can understand your concern...

Well, premature greying or white hair is nothing but the part and parcel of the body's ageing process...in some person, it can be seen as early as in the twenties while in others it can be there well after the forties or fifties...

All you can do is eat a well-balanced diet, strictly avoid smoking and alcohol (if at all do), drink plenty of U.V.R.O purified water, eat fresh green vegetables, antioxidant-rich high protein diet...stay away from pollution and too much direct sunlight exposure...

Other than that, masking techniques like hair dying, colouring can be tried under the supervision of a professional beautician...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee (11 minutes later)
any medicine?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee (9 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
not every condition requires medicines...

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

As already discussed, it's a part of the bodily ageing process...You should focus on those lifestyle and dietary modifications first before considering any medicines...

Moreover, medicines are mostly in the form of vitamins and micronutrients (eg. combination of Vitamin B complex, Biotin, Iron, Folic acid and Zinc capsules) which can be taken once daily after breakfast for a month or two...Results are quite mixed and mostly not very satisfactory.

Take Care
Kind Regards

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist