horrific pain right side back, mainly above hip to spine
Please get an X-Ray done
Thanks for using the 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have gone through your query in details.
Your pain could be due to muscle spasm. Hot compress should provide relief.
The vicious cycle of pain and spasm needs to be broken and I suggest you take Acetaminophen 650mg twice or thrice daily for the next 3 days. This should ease the problem and make it go away.
If it does not, spinal disc related compression could be another cause to consider. It'll be better to get an X-Ray of Lumbosacral spine (AP and lateral) done and to see a physical therapist with the reports. Based on the findings s/he would be able to demonstrate to you proper exercises that should provide relief.
Feel free to write back.
please discuss freely with your doctor
I think that you should directly discuss the issues with your doctor. I doubt whether your doctor will really go without telling you about a stage 3 kidney failure.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation