hi this morning after peeing wiped some pink on toilet

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2019 in Women's Health
Question: hi this morning after peeing wiped some pink on toilet paper. very concerned since memopaus 12 years ago.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably pink discharge due to dryness in menopause, more details needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I understand your concern.

I don't understand from the query if the pink discharge comes from your vaginal area or from the urethra.

Next time you go pee press the toilet paper against your urethra and try to see if it's in your urine or coming from your vagina.

If it's from your urethra, you may have a urinary tract infection. I would recommend doing a urinalysis to confirm the diagnosis.

If it's vaginal pink discharge it may be due to dryness which is very common during menopause.

A physical examination is needed to confirm the diagnosis.

If the diagnosis is confirmed the treatment consists in applying a cream such as Estrace to moisturise the vaginal area.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee