hi there! ive recently been under stress and while the

Dr. K. V. Anand

Psychologist

Posted on Sun, 20 Jan 2019 in Mental Health
Question: hi there!

ive recently been under stress and while the stress is passing... i find myself getting very dizzy... its not room spinning. its more like i feel like im on a boat. swayinh and unsteady. especially if i move my head fasr or bend over. i also have really bad neck tension and stabbing pains in my forehead.

do you think its all connected? or should i see a doctor?

the dizziness is pretty annoying and its not going away even when i rest or breathe deeply.
Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
could be stress related

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend. Yes. The given symptoms like lightheadedness, Dizzy spells, neck pain, body pain, forehead Pain etc could happen due to extreme or prolonged stress. These happens because body triggers "Fight or flight" response.

In spite of this, I would suggest you to consult a doctor and get a check up done to remove all other possibilities. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. K. V. Anand 10 hours later
thanks. is it true that muscle tension in the neck and back can cause dizziness?
Brief Answer:
Muscle tension in the neck and back may not cause dizziness

Detailed Answer:
Dear friend. The ligaments in the upper neck can become stretched or damaged due to an injury or disease, and this can cause both the head and upper neck to have too much movement. This puts pressure on the nerves and causes neck pain, headaches, and dizziness.

In your case, Muscle tension in the neck and back alone may not cause dizziness. But extreme stress triggers flight or flight response and your body might be made tired and dizzy by the response.

I would suggest you to consult a doctor and get a check up done to remove all other possibilities. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad