hi there. i have pretty intense PVCs and years ago
i have pretty intense PVCs and years ago (maybe 20) i remember having a treadmill test, holter monitor and a nuclear test where XXXXXXX was injected and i was scanned by some machine...
would that have detected if i had a hole in my heart or thickened muscles or malfunctioning valves?
my pvcs get bad sometimes... do you think all those tests should be repeated? and whats the difference between PVCs and a-fib?
PVCs and a fib have different origin of the arrhythmia, I recommend repeating the examinations.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I have already reviewed the examinations that you have already done .
These examinations can give information about cardiac activity and are more used to diagnose heart rate and rhythm.
To confirm the presence of an atrial septal defect which is a hole in the wall between the two upper chambers of your heart, an echo-cardiogram is needed.
PCVs are extra heartbeats that begin in the ventricles. This diagnosis can be confirmed through electrocardiogram and maintained under control through Holter monitor.
So I would recommend you to repeat these examinations.
Atrial fibrillation is an irregular and often rapid heart rate that occurs in the atria which are the two upper chambers of the heart.
So PCVs and a fib have different origin of the arrhythmia.
Both of these diagnosis can be diagnosed and maintained under control through the Holter monitor and electrocardiogram.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?