hi there My mum died of a heart attack aged
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on Ask a Doctor service!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that you and the other family members could be at an increased cardiovascular risk.
But both your parents had two other risk factors like dyslipidemia and arterial hypertension.
Smoking, dyslipidemia and arterial hypertension are independent cardio- vascular risk factors.
I recommend following a healthy lifestyle and periodically checking your blood lipid profile and blood pressure values.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?