hi there I went for a heart screening at the
Need further evaluation
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Palpitations like you are telling can be normally increased heart beat or some extra beats coming out of normal heart.
It could also be some abnormal arrythmia.
So it should be evaluated further.
ECG is evaluation of heart just for some seconds and might not show the arrythmia not occuring at that particular moment. So we advise for prolonged monitoring in form of a test called as Holter Monitor.
I will also advise you for 2D Echo to see for any underlying structural abnormality in heart.
Thanks and take care
Propranolol reduces palpitation
Propranolol is a group of medicine which helps in reducing palpitations.
You can take it twice daily if your bp remain fine after taking it twice as it also has slight effect on BP.
It is generally given for anxiety related palpitations and not cardiac related palpitations.
So whether your palpitations are just anxiety related or cardiac related will be diagnosed after Holter Monitor and 2D Echo.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is Xarelto advisable before knee surgery?
- What causes increased heart rate and headaches?
- What causes headache, dizziness and chest discomfort while having...
- What causes sudden drop in heart rate while on Bystolic?
- What causes pain in the right side of the chest?
- What does the following TMT report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for chest pain
- What do recurrent episodes of dizziness and headaches indicate?
- What does this ultrasound report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for mild chest pain when diagnosed with AFib