hi on Wed, my wife developed thought pain and body

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hi on Wed, my wife developed thought pain and body pain. this happened to her at office in the noon. she came back home and had some hot liquids, some food and slept off. on Thursday body pain and cold had reduced. but the thought pain continued. in the morning post breakfast took a dolo and a cold tab. Thursday she stayed at home and took rest.

Friday all was normal except thought pain. went to office for half day. the second half took rest. took the tab nicip cold and erythro 500

around the tonsils area there is some swelling. she was told by the Dr about 10 years back about tonsils. until Wed there was no problems.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs examination

Detailed Answer:

Sore throat is a common viral illness seen during cold seasons. This must be treated with antibiotics and anti histamines. Dolocold and erythro will serve the purpose.

To rule out tonisillitis she must be examined by a ENT specialist for sure. The treatment here to remains the same.

I would recommend her to continue the antibiotic for a minimum period of 5 days along with dolocold.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T