hi , my son is 19 months old , he

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hi , my son is 19 months old , he had high fever during 9 months and had felt unconscious, now he has been diagonized as cpk level 22000 , heart scanning is done and found everything normal , now been asked to do genetic test , should I be worried . he is very active , but still not walking for long on his own , however , he walks for hours if he gets support
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs details of fever.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic surgeon.
I have read the question carefully and I presume that he had high fever during last 9 months only.
Fever lasting 9 months at this age may damage certain organs particularly brain( as brain needs maximum oxygen supply), so the fact that he is unable to walk long without support indicated weakness in the legs.
If heart is good ,than one part is Ok.
Please let me know the details of fever and diagnosis as to the cause of fever. CPK 22000 indicates muscle disorder.
Please let me know the details , for me to be of any further help.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
Will submit medical report later,
Muscle disorder : is this non curable or is that threat to growth of the kid
How often it would react
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
cannot comment

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I cannot further comment on muscle disorder without knowing the details since the various disorders have different results , for variable period of time.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj