hi.. my sister's age is 35 and now a days

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2018 in Women's Health
Question: hi.. my sister's age is 35 and now a days she has a problem of pain in middle area of lower abdomen after periods from last Friday... she has a continuous pain slow pain which is tolerable.... in February 2018 she had a back pain issue for that she went for MRI scan in which Dr said she had a cyst that time but also mentioned it LL goes off with periods... after that now she has a continuous lower abdomen pain in middle... plz suggest is this normal or she should go for check up with dr
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Feedback. Paracetamol as needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to "Ask A Doctor"
I have understood your concern and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

First of all, do not panic.

Pain in the lower abdominal area can be due to many reasons.
Colic-like or spasmodic pain can be due to digestive system issues or urinary tract stones. Throbbing type of pain can be due to infection or inflammation of abdominal organs.

I would like to know about a few things in detail.
1. What was the size of the cyst? and does the report mention the contents of the cyst?
2. Does she get regular periods?
3. Has she done any imaging test like USG after her last menses?
4. Has she done any gynecologic examination?

At present, I will suggest that she can take an analgesic tablet containing Paracetamol 500 mg as needed.

Please feel free to communicate with me again.
I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 3 days later
thank you Dr for your response.... I will ask my sister about the details which you have mentioned... Dr I have 1 more query regarding. my another sister.... she is 37 years old and she has a seviour cervical issue in her right hand.. and now a days she has a pain in her right side in right breast... pain is not regular but suddenly feel with high intensity and that time she can't walk, can't move, can't do anything... so is this related to cervical or she should consider with any specialist bcoz gynecologist said this is normal but pain is not tolerable... kindly suggest Dr...
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Orthopaedic reference. Some instructions.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there
Thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back to me.

In my opinion her symptoms can be due to some problems with cervical vertebrae.
Please consult with expert orthopaedic surgeon nearby your place.

Till then she can adopt for correct posture, avoid jerky neck movements, using pillow with shoulders resting on the pillow is advisable.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar