hi my name is Marcia im 58yearsold I have high
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome on icliniq!
I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms could be related to a metabolic disorder or peripheral neuropathy.
I would also like to know your current therapy because these symptoms could also be related to drug adverse effects.
Coming to this point, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician and performing some tests:
- complete blood count for anaemia
- a resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound to examine your heart function and structure
- fasting glucose
- kidneys and liver function tests
- vitamin D levels and vitamin B12 levels for possible deficiency
- blood electrolytes
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid dysfunction
- a Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries.
If all these tests result normal, I would recommend performing nerve conduction studies to investigate for possible peripheral neuropathy.
In the meantime , it is also necessary to closely monitor your blood pressure ( low blood pressure, could mimic this clinical situation)
You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist