hi my name is Marcia im 58yearsold I have high
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome on icliniq!
I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms could be related to a metabolic disorder or peripheral neuropathy.
I would also like to know your current therapy because these symptoms could also be related to drug adverse effects.
Coming to this point, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician and performing some tests:
- complete blood count for anaemia
- a resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound to examine your heart function and structure
- fasting glucose
- kidneys and liver function tests
- vitamin D levels and vitamin B12 levels for possible deficiency
- blood electrolytes
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid dysfunction
- a Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries.
If all these tests result normal, I would recommend performing nerve conduction studies to investigate for possible peripheral neuropathy.
In the meantime , it is also necessary to closely monitor your blood pressure ( low blood pressure, could mimic this clinical situation)
You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?