hi im facing shoulder pain since last two days. which

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Sun, 23 Dec 2018 in General Health
Question: hi im facing shoulder pain since last two days. which medication will be best to use.

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
use of an NSAID would be the better option

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Medications in the NSAID family of medications tend to work best for acute pain since the pain is often inflammatory. Eg ibuprofen, naproxen, cataflam, celebrex

Should be used after eating or drinking something so that the stomach is coating, in some persons, these meds can cause reflux. Many persons have no problem but using after a meal or drink would help to make sure the stomach is coated.

If one of these on its own is not enough, then you can add paracetamol/tylenol, the two can work together
Using a warm compress on the shoulder 2 to 3 times a day for 10 to 15 mins, may also be helpful.

Rest or decreasing any aggravating movements, would also be helpful as well.

If there is no history of trauma then imaging of the shoulder by x ray may not be needed unless the pain persists or it is severe.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions