Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

125 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

hi im 62 having some pink and brown spotting having

Answered by
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 3445 Questions

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2019 in Women's Health
Question: hi im 62 having some pink and brown spotting having ultrasound on Wednesday any answers thank you
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further examinations needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

There are some further examinations needed to diagnose the exact cause of the place of bleeding and spotting.

You may need a colposcopy because spots may come from vaginal atrophy or vaginal column uterine inflammation.

Also, an ultrasound should be done to see the thickness of endometrial lining because endometrial hyperplasia or hypertrophy may be a cause of spotting.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on