hi i just woke up from having pain in both
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. Given the information you've shared, I would suspect cervical radiculopathy with a sudden onset of pain around both shoulders that also resolves quickly. This is caused by something putting pressure on the spinal cord in the neck, usually by a intervertebral disk that herniates into the spinal canal. It may also be caused by arthritic changes.
Since the pain has resolved, there wouldn't be any treatment needed at this point, but it might be a good idea to get examined to make sure there are no neurological effects or anything else seen on exam.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions about that and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining