Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

192 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

hi, i have pain in my penis 1) inside near

Answered by
Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 1824 Questions

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: hi,
i have pain in my penis
1) inside near the head, feel like is with the pipe
2)not extreme pain, iritated
4) its been 4 days, doesnt seem to going away
5) i dont feel any pain or itch when urinate
6) seems to me it started after my basketball game.. possible? i didnt get hurt during the game
7)no sex activity before or after

please adviae
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see detalied answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ...Welome to Ask A Doctor service. Thanks for providing the good detalis .
I have read your question and her my advice.
While pain in penis is mostly caused by benign probelm but it always need evaluation. .The possible causes of pain of few days includes either infections or a stone in bladder.
Infections are common and moslty associated with discharge along with pain and urgency and frequency. So in your case its less likely to be an infection However few times this is quite possible even with out the other symtpoms. .
Other possibility is a stone some where in the bladder or tract .
Other causes like ulcer or stricture are uncommon and moslty present with prolong history and probelm durring urination.
Some times the pain may be from trauma to the mucles or soft tissue of the penis that would need proper examination.
So it's important that you work it out .I personally understand it important to get a urine analysis done along with an ultrasound for proper evaluation along with examination .
Hope I have answered your question. I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Rahman.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on