hi, i have iritating pain in my penis for 4
i have iritating pain in my penis for 4 days and it doesnt seem to me going away
1) near the head
2) inside, feel like is on the %E2%80%9Ctube%E2%80%9D
3) not extreme painful, just iritated
4) dont feel any pain or itch when urinate
5) felt the urge of urinate more frequent (maybe)
6) did not have any wrong sex activity
7) seems to me i started to feel the pain after my basketball game.. could it possible ?
Infection would be the most common cause
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. The pain you are describing is most commonly due to an infection, and if you are sexually active, would most commonly be due to a sexually transmitted disease. If that is not possible, the urethra can also be irritated by chemicals in soaps, or by trauma (sometimes with masterbation). But if you have any sexual contact at all, I would get tested for STDs first, with a urine test they can also check for other causes of infection. If those tests are negative, then I would suspect a reaction to a soap or something else you are using on your penis, or from trauma. In these cases, you should avoid any chemicals and trauma around the penis, and the pain should resolve over the next week or two.
I don't believe your basketball game could have caused this, unless you had some trauma to that area during the game.
I hope that helps answer your question, please let me know if you have any other questions or want me to explain anything in more detail, I would be happy to do so.
Depends on the cause
It depends on the cause. If the cause is infectious, then you will need antibiotics, if it is not, you can try a medication called Phenazopyridine, sold in the US as Baridium, Pyridium, or Urinary Pain Relief over the counter, this helps with pain related to the urethra.
For either cause, if you start having severe pain, fever, or are having trouble getting urine out, those would be the major reasons to seek urgent medical attention.
I hope that answers your questions, please let me know if you have any others.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining