hi i have a problem while having sex . before

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2019 in Sexual Health
Question: hi i have a problem while having sex . before sex my penis stays erect but after some time when i start intercourse it stays erect for just few seconds and i start loosing erection after that. what shall i do to not loose erection
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please provide folowing details.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

To know what could be the cause for problem I am posting following questions. Please answer them with possible details.

1. How long you are facing problem with erections?

2. How the problem started whether it was sudden in onset or build up slowly over the months or years?

3. Frequency of the problem in a week/month ? Are you able to have some successful sexual intercourse?

4. In a typical month out of what number of sexual interactions do not achieve success?

5. What are the factors that increase the problem ?

6. Factors that relieve the problem- thoughts, situations, partner, place etc.

7. Your partner details- Is she very critical, demands sex more than what can you think, does she feel superior to you or bothers you in some other regards?

8. Effect on your relationship so far due to problem

9. Details of medical illness like duration, any complications, treatment received till date.

10. Medications you are receiving currently, if any including ayurvedic homeopathic or any other.

11. Medication you received in past and their effect?

12. Do you have any psychiatric illness (like anxiety, depression, fear)?

13. Investigations done till date and reports of most latest investigations- serum testosterone, TSH, T3, T4 and any other?

I must assure you that once we identify cause it will be easy to correct it.
I look forward to see more details.

Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 23 hours later
yes i had some succesful intercourse in the past even now when i do it my partner just complains after we are done that she looses the touch inside after few seconds and her oragasm is too short becaus of that
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please answer all questions

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for providing more details.

I request you to answer all questions with possible details.
This will help us to understand the problem and suggest solutions.

Thanks again.